Saturday, November 8, 2008

Come, Lie Next To Me

The first night of Elektrostat 08 is over with, and what a night it was:

Servoskudd - perhaps a bit inspired by Seigmen? Still very, very good, though, and would in fact have been worth the entire evening. I'll try to find their record today.
Trakktor - Nah... ok, they played with In Vein in Örebro, so I feel a weird sense of companionship, but still... nah.
8kHz Mono - Definitely not. If you feel you need to do an entire gig with distorted vocals, you lose ten points with me.
Bobby - Hanne tipped me about these guys... and she was right on one point - not so right about the music. A poor version of Alphaville, harmless enough, but nothing to cheer about.
Gothminister - Bjørn & co rocked so hard you couldn't not love it :D The Thriller cover at the end basically lifted the roof.
Mr. Jones Machine - Kent'ish synthpop with double vocals. Some of the songs were brilliant, others were surprisingly boring. I ended up not watching the end, which is a shame as the songs that were good were, as said, brilliant.
Apoptygma Berzerk - The third time I see Apop. Off course you can't really dislike seeing S. Groth on stage, especially when he decides to charm you with your favorite tracks by the band.

I've just had a lovely breakfast, and am about to go out and explore my old city. I assume there will be yarn. This evening is night 2 of Elektrostat, and In Vein goes on stage 22:00. :)

No comments: