Saturday, February 28, 2009

Seasons In The Sun

Argh, this has been an insane week.

On Wednesday I weekly welcomed myself well into the early hours the next morning, enjoying good company in the new location - Cuba. It is amazing how I've been to this particular event so many times and never learn to go home early. It was good fun, though. Thursday Movie Night hosting went out the window when the maddest work week ever claimed another victim in form of the evening spent in the office, and Friday morning it felt like I'd never even left. Thankfully that was the last day of the month, so when my old Distribution team got together for Tori dinner and WGB beers in the evening the scene was all set to party and dance into the wee hours once again. How am I still alive to be writing this? I do wonder.

I wish summer would hurry up. Today has been a very lovely day in Finland, but I so long for the sun to add some warmth to this frigid year. Spring will be very welcome indeed.

Last night I was contacted by a friend I have not seen in what must be close to five years. Apparently, he's coming to Helsinki on Wednesday for a day of work, and I sense Bar 9 chicken, Cuba drinks and another tired Thursday ahead. Saturday I board my flight to Seattle and will be free of all work related shackles for a full week :)

"Now that the spring is in the air,
pretty girls are everywhere."
Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun (single, 1974)
I realised _after_ publishing this post, when humming in my kitchen, that this track shares the above line with the song that titles my last post. How funny, I have to figure out if was intentional from PR's side. Also, I _am_ aware that Terry Jacks was in fact not the creator of this piece of music, but this is the version I subscribe to. Kiitos :)

No comments: