Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Please Don't Stop The Music

In another part of the world the people of two Gods are slaughtering each other like animals. All in the name of the patriarch Gods they believe watches over them. How come people are so quick to dismiss the humanitarian powers of religion, while they so easily embrace the destruction of their neighbours?

I have spent more time during 2008 listening to music than I can remember ever doing before, but I am struggling to put together a favorite list from the year. Most of the problem is caused by the fact that I've been buying truckloads of records, but they have been releases from previous years. So here goes:

Albums
Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs
Kings of Leon - Only By The Night
The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely

Singles
Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music
Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart
Ladytron - Ghosts
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
The Killers - Human
Scarlett Johansson - Falling Down

Concerts
The Cure, Oslo
Editors, Helsinki
Death Cab for Cutie @ Arvika
Interpol @ Arvika
Kent @ Arvika
Robyn @ Arvika
Servoskudd @ Elektrostat
Bon Jovi, Helsinki
Bruce Springsteen, Helsinki
Monomen, Oslo

In other words, album-wise it's been a poor year for me because I simply haven't been paying attention to new releases. Concert-wise, it's been awesome :-)

Tomorrow I have to work for a couple of hours before I can hook up with friends at Richard's place to rid myself of 2008. I wish you all a great NYE and a wonderful start of 2009.

No comments: