Monday, January 19, 2009

Walk On

1 car
2 cars
3 cars
4 cars
...
253 cars

The meaning of life, ladies and gentlemen, is (at least partly) 253. At least for the next couple of weeks.

So, Meyer's vampires. I still have not been able to get a copy of Breaking Dawn, as it gets sold out in a matter of hours after the stores get new supplies. Have reserved a copy from tomorrow's Akademiska shipment, though, so in a couple of days I'll be able to close off my latest obsession.

The movie was not what I thought it would be. For someone who has not read the books I assume it is more or less impossible to make sense of as it jumps through the storyline with insane speed. Having read the books, however, the dialogue and characters are very much in line with the Forks world in your head. I must admit I giggled quite a bit.

Jasper was all wrong, not at all in line with how I read him. Carlisle, as portrayed by Peter Facinelli (the husband of 90210's Jennie Garth), was also a bit off, but in a far more positive manner. In fact, that actor makes such an outlandishly pretty vampire he took most of my Edward focus away. And I don't usually _like_ blond men.

So... I'm hooked. Sorry about that, I usually consider myself rather more levelheaded and not so prone to teenage fancies, but what can I say? Let's hope Breaking Dawn allows me to move on, I've started reading Sense and Sensibility and will continue with the rest of Austen's works once the Cullens have left my sphere.

"All that you measure, all that you feel,
all this you can leave behind."
U2 - Walk On (All That You Can't Leave Behind, 2000)

No comments: