Friday, March 20, 2009

I'll Show You The Boom?

Had I written this post two days ago, it would be set to the tones of Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now. Today it is accompanied by Rihanna's Push Up On Me. The lyrics are infantile, but what can I say... it's stuck! I'm sorry about the extensive quoting at the end of this text, but just _look_ at it! :D

I know now why I needed a week of holiday. It must have been destiny's way to tell me there was no other way to survive the week I've just been through ;p Ok, it has actually been a great one, but if my manager ever goes on sick leave again I swear I will demand that the world stops for a while!

The Tuesday before my trip I had the pleasure of housing an old friend from Oslo, which was very nice. I haven't had visitors from Norway in... a very long time, but now Hanne has also booked her Easter holiday here, so it looks like it's picking up! I also went to a Friday night pub meeting of Norwegians in Helsinki, which was nice as it's not very often I get spoiled with sitting around a table all night and only speaking my native language. I can't say that means I actually want to very often, but for a change it was nice :)

This week I've been out for dinner with Kjersti on Tuesday, and tricked both us and Miia into thinking that it would be a good idea to go to the Weekly Welcome on Wednesday. So, again Thursday was somewhat challenging, but of course it was worth it as always. I'm spending my Friday with the CD's I bought in Seattle, a beer and a couple of movies.

Tomorrow I will go to my first ever hockey game. Hockey is not a very big thing in Norway, and not many people I know have ever been to a game. Here, it is _the_ national sport if there ever was one, and it's actually weird to have been here three years without having been to a game. I'm hoping the things I've heard about violent fans are just designed to scare small, fragile blondes and that all will be sunshine. Should I come out of it all broken and bruised, I'm blaming Miia :)

Catch you on the flipside!

"I know many guys just like ya, extremely confident.
Got so much flavour with you like you're the perfect man.
You wanna make me chase ya like it's a compliment,
but let's get right down to it;
I can be the girl that'll break you down.

The way that you stare starts a fire in me,
come up to my room, you sexy little thing.
Now let's play a game, I won't be a tease.
I'll show you the boom, my sexy little thing."

Rihanna - Push Up On Me (Good Girl Gone Bad, 2007)

No comments: