Monday, March 23, 2009

I've Changed My Name Again

Saturday Miia arranged a trip to Hartwall Arena, to see local hockey team Jokerit beaten by her hometown team Kärpät. Myself, Miia, Willem, Kjersti, Emilia, Sebastian and Margus set off, some of us without any idea of what we were getting into, and a couple of us a little scared. We'd heard scary stories of the violence surrounding Finnish hockey games, but luckily we saw little of it. What we did see, however, was a very entertaining game that got me a little sold on this sport that I've always hated. How very unexpected :)

After the game we ended up in Kaisla nonsensing the night away with a lot of happy cheering and beer, and Sunday morning was a horrible struggle. As the day proceeded, however, life picked itself up quite a bit, and the evening was spent with The Magnetic Fields, candles and a lovely glass of a 2005 Rosso Conero I've been saving for a rainy day.

Sometimes the good times come sneaking up on me out of nowhere :)
There is beauty in everything.

"Are you the trouble I've been looking for?"
The Magnetic Fields - The Trouble I've Been Looking For (Holiday, 1994)

No comments: