Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We Won't Need A Map, Believe Me

The company I work for has a financial year that starts in April, meaning today is basically our New Years Eve, only with less party and more stress. And, in true spirit, it has been a hectic one. I am starting to breathe normally now, and I think my pulse has come down to what can possibly be called a healthy level, but Christ! What a mess of a day. Let's hope the coming year treats my industry with softer gloves.

It's spring! This morning a very energetic pheasant was running around outside my building, and this wonderful bird caused me to arrive at work late. I still want my hour back, as it is difficult to wake up on time. Amazing what a difference 1 hour makes!

One thing that never stops fascinating me about spring is the rush of hormones to the head. Everywhere I go people are all caught up in new dating schemes and trying to figure out whom to build their summer around. One of my best friends in Finland is on the most thrilling adrenaline high I've ever seen from having her mojo back after a couple of rather... dry winter months, and it rubs off on the rest of us whether we want it to or not. We are so much like animals, aren't we?

Laws of attraction in general amuse me. I've previously blogged about how I figured it had something to do with the sense of smell. For me I know it's mostly down to words, which is probably why I like song lyrics and books so much. The fact that I like living in a country where most people keep silent is off course a contradiction in terms, but nevertheless that's how I operate. Others are visual creatures, and I guess there's an element in that for all of us.

How handy it would be if we could find a way to roadmap ourselves and how we relate to others. Confusion and nervousness would be a memory of the past, and there would be no need for mind games. Then again, that would negate our need for words, wouldn't it, and there would be no mystery left... so strike that. Things are fine the way they are.

Anyway, spring is here and it brought pheasants! :)

"Now let my body do the moving,
and let my hands do the soothing.
Let me show you the world in my eyes."
Depeche Mode - World In My Eyes (Violator, 1990)

3 comments:

abraxas242 said...

Is there a zoo in your backyard? I am so looking forward to the great Eastern (?).

MJ said...

I also find words very important in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not feeling the spring, though. My building fell down before the ice was even damp. :)

C said...

Hehe :)
I hope there will be both squirrels, rabbits and pheasants for the great Eastern :D

Melody: Your building fell down? What?