Sunday, April 19, 2009

Want III

Yeah, so I don't know about the mixing my blog with my fiction project. Might leave it with that one attempt :)

Today is an utterly lovely Sunday in Espoo. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the good trend of sleeping through the full night has not worn off. I have to admit, though, that it'll be kind of nice to close this week. Heading over to Emilia's place in a short while to drop off some stuff, and then going to the movies tonight to see Moodysson's Tillsammans.

After Hanne left on Monday I spent the day moping around and staring at the walls, before deciding to hook up with Anu for Bar 9 chicken. Scott and Kjersti joined us, and Tuesday was tired. Wednesday me, Kjersti and Emilia rejoined the lovely world of the Cullens at Emilia's place, and there was no end to the giggling. I then went to Cuba to meet up with Dave and Kaisu, and of course that got way too late. Thursday was a right disaster as the NNE what-ever-it-is-that-goes-around thing decided to hit me in the face, but I was back in good form on Friday, just in time to make a not-really-planned-for appearance in Bruuveri.

Yesterday I was working on cleaning up some of my bad karma, and took Kjersti and Emilia to IKEA. Now, of all the things to do on a Saturday this _better_ earn me some points in someone's book! A short run later (Sanna has successfully managed to get me onto a running program) I was happy to be informed that Dave's Wolves have qualified for the Premier League next season. More company for football in Elmo next season! Yay :D He ended up coming over to my place for some past midnight celebratory wine, and by that my weekend without alcohol was officially without doubt a failure.

I'm trying to come up with a new obsession or two. I'm thinking jigsaw puzzles. I like'em, and I have enough floor space to do one of the really, really big ones. Maybe, if I'm determined, I'll stick with the running long enough for that to grow on me. I miss swimming, but I'm struggling to motivate myself to get up at six in the morning now that my sleeping is in order again. In any case, there's always more music, more books, more movies and more people. Lust for life, baby :)

"I want the sky to fall in,
I want lightning and thunder.
I want blood instead of rain,
I want the world to make me wonder.
I want to walk on water,
take a trip to the moon.
Give me all this and give me it soon."
The Cure - Want (Wild Mood Swings, 1996)

7 comments:

pernod said...

Hm! En Bertine Zetlitz blog? Stilig!

Hei! Jeg snublet tilfeldigvis innom her via Tori. Ha en fin dag :)

Pebble said...

You get points with me for visiting IKEA on Saturday....what was I thinking allowing a good friend to do something so insane!!

C said...

Hey, PC :D
Deg har man jo ikke hørt eller sett på år og dager. Hvordan går det? Håper du har det helt fabelaktig! Bloggen er bygget på Death In Her Room, i hvert fall, men ut over det er jeg redd hun har hatt fint lite å si i postene mine. Kanskje jeg bør gjøre noe med det, har ikke hørt på platene hennes på år og dager.

David:
I have to say that the experience of walking into IKEA and having someone welcoming you at the door was one of the coolest ever. And, I bought some candles and a couple of things I didn't at all need, so it was all in all a quite ok experience. Still, you get far too spoiled in this country with not having people around for that place to be totally ok on a tired Saturday :)

Anonymous said...

I've just thought. You could go back to Salsa. (you could even try and make me appreciate it, that might keep you pretty busy!)

Or, of course, there's other dancing, you've got the frocks after all! ;)

C said...

That's hardly a new obsession, though! Been there, done that, and besides I'm far too out of shape to do it properly right now. Even brushing up long lost moves a couple of weeks back almost ripped my muscles apart.

No, I think the jogging might be the best bet at the moment, although I'll for sure pick it up again a while before going to Rio :D

Seppó said...

I know these are not really that large or precisely the thing you had in mind when explaining about your curiousity for jigsa puzzles, but have a look anyways. The pictures are worth it.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/jigsaw-puzzles

C said...

You're right, lovely pictures.

I did in the end order a couple of puzzles, and they are now waiting for me in the post office. The need for it kind of disappeared, though, so I guess they'll end up on a shelf until the next time I feel an urge to deepdive into something mind numbing :)