Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pocketful Of Sunshine

Today has brought welcome bursts of sunshine and bird song to Tapiola. I am still suffering from the after effects of Friday's work do, but have been able to go for a long walk. Lovely day, can't wait for the real spring to arrive.

Tacos are on the menu tonight - a dish definitely not created for single people. The last time I had tacos (it's only happened two or three times since I moved here) I almost ate myself into a coma, and I'm guessing we'll see a repeat of that success this afternoon. Next week I will definitely start working out and look into a healthier life style. I think. :D

I am currently reading The Lover by Marguerite Duras. I've been reading it since my Christmas holiday and just can not seem to finish it. I'm not one for reading several books at the same time, and hence I can't pick up any of the other ones I have waiting either. Basically, I've gone from reading 7-10 books per month to not even being able to finish one in all of January.

This book is difficult for me. It's a classic, sure, and I have the movie lying around for when I've finished the book. My mother loves it, and I have had it recommended by friends. But here's the deal - I don't like it! It's not boring, nor is it poorly written, but this story simply does not appeal to me. There's no buzz, no love story going on between me and the characters. Maybe I've been so spoilt by all the great reads I had last year I've become too picky. Don't know, but I'll give it another shot this evening. If I can just get through it, Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk is next in line.

No comments: