Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why Do You Get All The Love In The World?

New TV in house, I've been doing a bit of catching up on my movie watching lately. Well, come to think of it I've mostly been watching movies I'd already seen, but still. New ones include Hancock (at the movies), which was actually not half bad. Rather entertaining and at times I laughed out loud. Pretty Aussie girl's role was interesting enough to numb the knowledge of it being a Will Smith flick. (Theron is off course South African, not Australian. Sorry about that.)

The Fountain (on DVD) was a lot of weirdness, but quite beautiful visually. Not sure I liked it, as the storyline was rather poorly put together, but I've had it for a while and it was about time I got to watch it. Stranger Than Fiction (also on DVD), on the other hand, was an enjoyable affair. Unusually well cast, and although the end is to some extent easy to foresee the plot as a whole is good and quite funny. The main character is an ordinary office rat with an extraordinary love for numbers who suddenly realizes he's the main character in a work of fiction.

Today I'm going to the movies to see Fireflies In The Garden, also this with a rather strong castlist, so I have high hopes. Last day of the month tomorrow, stress levels are (as usual) soaring through the roof. Am struggling a bit with my schedules at the moment, as I have a bit too many things going on at the same time. Would be nice to be able to be in several places at the same time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you by "Aussie girl" mean miss Theron, I can inform you she's South African and not from oz! ;)

Getting my new TV tomorrow myself, betcha mine's bigger than yours! Har! :D

C said...

Oh, yes. Sorry. I knew that. Oh, how annoying!

How big is yours? :p

il bocia said...

Hey!

Thanks for the post in Finnish bunnies, i already stole it! :D

But girl... HANCOCK was BAAAAAD!
Non-sense script, stiff interpretations... Will Smith is a lot better than that...

C said...

Hehe :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was Oscar material. It had me well enough entertained, though... Don't like Will Smith at all :)