Monday, August 18, 2008

In Her Room

So... I mentioned I had bought a TV, right? Well, today they delivered it and it's HUGE! 42'' sounds much more manageable when it's not sitting in your living room! Am actually a bit terrified by the size of it, but I guess movie watching will take on a different format from now on which will be a welcome change from the miniature black box I've used the last two years (thank you, Miia :).

Am trying to figure out how to spend my holidays for the coming year or so. Really want to go to Peru, and have previously talked this over with Lotta. Might be difficult to go through with, though. The alternative might be going somewhere over Christmas and New Year's, as this gives me a bit more time to play with. New Guinea, maybe? Also, I'll need time to do at least one US road trip next year, and that's bound to tie up some weeks. And whatever happened to Romania? I even have a small hope that my chances of having European road trip company might be looking up.

Today I am going home to cook dinner and watch a movie. Garden State, I believe. Fun and good times for all :)

4 comments:

Deb said...

We should talk seriously about a US road trip sometime. Did you go to any of the outside films at lassipalatsi last weekend, and any thoughts about Espoo Cine?

C said...

Yes, we definitely should. :)

No movies watched last weekend, and I haven't had another look at the Espoo one. If they're showing the environmental documentary about the dude who doesn't want to use oil products that could be interesting.

Welcome back :)

il bocia said...

you bought a 42"???
WOAAH!

I've got a 37" last week!!

The cable TV sucks, it doesn't have enough pixels, but dvd through HDMI look great!

Can't wait Christmas when I'm gonna ask my girl a BLU RAY DVD PLAYER!

I love my rich girlfriend! :D

C said...

I don't even have it connected to the network, as I don't want TV channels in my home. Bought it for the dvd's, and have to say I'm loving it :D