Tuesday, August 12, 2008

There's Beauty In The Breakdown

I've been too busy living to do much blogging lately, but here's a short update:

The end of July came and went and almost killed everything called motivation in me. With August the workload has thankfully eased up a bit, so I'm hoping it'll stay this way.

No books read, still working on both Auster and Sartre and not really getting anywhere with either one as I haven't even picked them up in weeks. Music wise I'm being a busy bee, and have twenty-something titles waiting for me in Norway for the next time I go there. Also bought a huge tv and a new camera, just to make sure I have even more stuff to do rather than blogging :)

Still loving the knitting, and in addition to more advanced socks I've cast on my first ever sweater. Not going particularly well so far, but I'm hoping that Deb will work her magic and put it right tomorrow. I've seen The Happening and The Dark Knight in the movies. Shyamalan's movie scared me a few times, and was in general a bit too gross for me to like it. Didn't help that the acting, dialogue and general screenplay sucked bigtime. The Dark Knight was good, it is very, very dark compared to the earlier Batman movies, and all involved put up a good performance. Am not even close to agreeing with the "best movie ever" stamp it has received, though. I mean, it's still just a marvel comic turned movie. It marked the return of JD Movie Nights after summer, and this week Hancock is on the programme.

What else? I've been ocean swimming, IKEA shopping, furniture assembling, almost mushroom picking (chickened out due to rain), liquid chocolate drinking, graveyard wandering, lemon chicken eating, pasta cooking, beer drinking, photo watching (Miia & Willem are back from Thailand) and in general laughing a lot and loving life. Oh, and I've decided to finally give Finnish an honest try. Can't be all that hard once you have your motivation sorted out, right? :)

I just read through the CD insert of Snow Patrol's Eyes Open and discovered that my long time hero Ken Stringfellow appears on piano on my favorite track on the record; Warmer Climate. As always, I love the connections :)

Maybe it's the warmer climate,
maybe I'm the smarter primate.
Maybe it's the beer I'm drinking,
maybe I've stopped over-thinking.

Snow Patrol - Warmer Climate (Eyes Open, 2006)

No comments: