Monday, August 25, 2008

If My Star Should Fall

Here's a nice piece of Eastern European music trivia for you:
Latvian band Brainstorm finished third in the 2000 Eurovision finals with the song My Star. I loved it. In Latvian they're called Prāta Vētra, two words I haven't the slightest of how to pronounce, so I'll stick with the English translation. They are apparently quite big in Latvia, but as this is a rather small country we're talking about the record sales are off course limited. I've had some problems getting hold of their records as they're not even easily accessible on amazon without paying a fortune, so I'm hoping this autumn's Baltic travels will bring me closer to what I'm looking for.

Listen to My Star and just be happy. It's not humanly possible to listen to this and not get a bit of everything's-gonna-be-allright going on. In fact, if you don't fall in love I dare you to listen to it with me once and I promise I'll make you want to dance around in the summer rain :)



Oh, and note the heartbreakingly adorable singer. There's just something about that Latvian "Will it get me laid if I tell you I kind of want to off myself?" look.

They have more nice songs, if you're into the synthpop scene you might want to check out Online, you can find it... online.

No comments: