Friday, March 14, 2008

Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking

There's a certain weirdness involved in getting to know new people. I mean, some you are just plain comfortable with and there's no hustle, whereas others are not so easy. I have a theory it all boils down to pheromones, that there's some animal instinct we have forgotten how to use that kicks in. Some people smell like "our" people, others scare the bejeezus out of some primal nerve.


This is probably also what kicks in when you encounter the love-at-first-sight phenomenon. I've had it happen to me, and it's just freaky. You have no idea who this toad is that you're looking at or where it came from, but you know you're going to love it for the rest of your life (or at least until it develops a funny smell). Basically what I'm saying is that I would gladly accept a smellobotomy if one was offered, because my instincts tend to suck.

It's been a while since I had the pleasure of Gary Lightbody streaming through my loudspeakers, but here he is again. I think Snow Patrol are supposed to come out with a new record this year, which would suit me perfectly as it probably means they will be touring again. Now, that's a nice piece of Irish hunk for you right there.

Today Arsenal and Liverpool were drawn to meet in the Champions League quarter finals. This means they will meet three times in a week - I shit you not. And it gets worse; the first of the three games is on my second day of the new job. Life is playing me a cruel hand when it comes to anxiety levels, that's for sure! :D

And not a word from anyone about the smellinessless of toads or that the above cartoon has nothing to do with love at first sight, thank you very much.

4 comments:

carrotpreacher said...

Hi, great blog, I noticed you have Donnie Darko as one of your favorites...read my blog for 3/14/08...you may like it :)

C said...

Thank you!
Yes, I like Donnie Darko, the actors are only slightly overshadowed by the great screenplay. :)

Read your blog, I like it in general. Keep it up, I'll keep reading :)

il bocia said...

wow...pretty crazy his ideas on Donnie Darko... appreciated the effort though....
just not to mention: "guess who are the people reading my blog..."

anyway! Did you know I spent one day a year ago just looking those cartoons?
I love them!!
look...

http://bociainsuomi.blogspot.com/2007/05/hehe-1.html
http://bociainsuomi.blogspot.com/2007/05/hehe-2.html

Yesterday I was THIS close to finally come and watch a movie with you guys.I swear on (American) God(s) that something happens all the time! Yesterday I was SICK! can you believe it? I'm never sick...

I will come one day.
I will...

C said...

Hehe, no comment on the first part :)

I love Cyanide & Happiness, I've had them as one of my favorites for a couple of years and have a bunch of them on my wall in the office. Not all people like them, though :)

Cloverfield was entertaining enough, but you didn't exactly miss the opportunity of a lifetime. I would rather put my money on next week's Hallam Foe, to be honest. You should try to make it for that one instead ;)