Sunday, June 29, 2008

Let Me Love You To Death

Yesterday evening me and colleague/friend Paul went on a spontaneous beer drinking spree in Black Door, and even ended up dancing a bit in We Got Beef. As a result I was a bit slow started this morning, but have now managed to get a little bit closer to finishing up what I'm working on. When I thought this weekend would be relaxing my clairvoyant abilities were definitely not very up to speed with what would be going on.

Oh, and the funniest thing happened. Paul was off buying more beer, and suddenly a guy leans over to me and starts talking. We get the usual "I don't speak Finnish and he freaks out" verbal dance over with rather quickly, and it turns out he recognized me from our office building. Now, his English was a bit shaky, so I chose not to be scared when he said he had been staring at me every lunch break for two and a half years. He was funny, though, and had a friend with the most gigantic nose I've ever seen.

NIN's The Fragile has been keeping me company all weekend, but this morning I craved Type 0's October Rust. I'll be damned if I could locate it, though. Thinking back I am afraid that my copy of that record and me parted ways years ago, and I can't believe I haven't reacted before now. Fortunately, me and Amazon were able to correct the unfortunate situation and it should soon be with me again. October Rust is train rides through Norway in autumn, with too many daydreams and too much energy for anything to make much sense. Don't know why the urge for it came over me, my music taste also moves in mysterious ways.

Am going to see Carrie tonight in Orion. Looks like it'll only be me and a girl I don't know, but that's fine, I haven't seen the movie in years. I saw The Mist when I was in China, and must say it was not as bad as King movies usually turn out. The ending was very, very King, and hence not surprising at all. Haven't seen 1408 yet, have to get around to that as well.

Now: Finish work and meet up with Deb for Bar no 9 chicken!

No comments: