Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Run With The Dogs Tonight

Yesterday marked the end of the Chinese Dragon Boat Festival, a three day celebration giving people a slightly longer weekend than usual. For me, on holiday, it didn't really mean much except I was fed some brown, sticky rice in banana leaf wrapping Sunday which didn't taste very good. I was, however, also presented with a very nice mexican meal and enjoyed it with good people, including the lovely hosts of the evening Goa and Mark. The evening also brought with it Norwegian aquavit, lousy football between Kroatia and Austria, and a ten yuan puzzle of the worst quality I've ever seen.

Throughout the weekend I have enjoyed the sun and noticed that while the front of my legs are now nicely tanned and healthy looking, the back of my legs are still very, very white, the result of sitting down in the sun in a city where you never get a chance to lie down and tan your hindside. Never mind, just an excuse to sleep in parks when I get home to Finland :)

Am almost done knitting a pair of very bright, red socks in a floral pattern that to be honest looks more like strawberry bonanza in the color I chose. Tried to watch Juno last night, but boy was that movie not for me. Halfway through I was very thankful to throw the piece of sh*t movie in the trash as the sound quality gave out, who on earth came up with the idea of making this pro teenage motherhood crap? And _why_ do people think it's good?

Erlend's housekeeper has organized his liquor bottles according to size, and it cracks me up no end. Apparently she once did the same and included two bottles of cough medicine, off course shorter than all other bottles and hence at the very end of the shelf. Bless her heart :) On a not so funny note, she has put my favorite bra through some weird washing machine programme and it's now all bent out of shape.

This evening I'm going to an indie gig in a place called D-22, should be interesting. Another group of Norwegians flew in during the weekend, giving me even more company to play with. But first; dress shopping and a final visit to the tailor's.

No comments: