Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sie Ist Der Hellste Stern Von Allen

Oh Beijing, how I have missed you. I don't know what it is about this place that has me so enthralled, but I am very pleased to be back. Am also very pleased to be on holiday in general :)

Yesterday my favorite couple, Deb and David, got married in the UK and I hope their day was of unparallelled beauty. Am looking forward to hearing about it all over a beer or five when we're all back in Helsinki.

I have so far had ridiculous amounts of gan bian nio rou si washed down with more healthy amounts of Tsingtao, restocked my movies with the past six months' newcomers and laughed a lot. I'm about to give my Japanese crime story another go before I head out for a late chicken dinner in some Korean place. I've handed over four suit trousers to be adjusted in length, and bought belts for the coming year or so. Wednesday I'll have 3-4 skirts fitted, and that should take care of my work outfits for a while. Und ich will nie vom Himmel fallen ;)

Oh, and listen to The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way. It should make you smile :)

2 comments:

Deb said...

A beer (five sounds much better!) when we're all back in Helsinki sounds great. Hope you're having lots of fun in Beijing.

C said...

Hey :)
Am having a very nice holiday, but also look forward to coming back home. You'll be shocked by the amounts of yarn I've managed to accumulate over these days... I think I'll be knitting socks for the rest of my life. One of the stores I found has around 20 shops per floor, over four floors. All yarn, and well marked so I'm able to stay clear of the acrylics. This is cash flow hell. :D

How is married life so far? Give your husband a big hug from me, it'll be good to see you guys again :)