Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Morning Rain Clouds Up My Window

Winter in Helsinki - oh joy! So far there's been something like three days of winter interrupting five months of autumn. Don't get me wrong, I do not mind the absence of snow, but come on... This feels a bit out of sync, to be honest.

The good thing with 20mps wind throes and sideways rain is that I have an excellent excuse to not start training for this year's Women's 10 km Helsinki run. I agreed to sign up for this when someone caught me in a moment of weakness a couple of weeks ago, and there's no way out. I will simply have to start jogging. Ah, the suffering...

Unfortunately (strange as that word might seem, once you've read the next couple of lines) it also kept me away from my first experience with winter swimming today. I've caught a cold somewhere between being workaholic and having a social life. Hope it'll wear off over the next couple of days.

So, my tea's gone cold and I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all. A songbird named Dido has been fluttering around my apartment today, helping me with my laundry. I'm thinking about giving re-organizing the record collection a shot. On second thought, maybe I'll wait for the sun to return instead.

The use of Here Comes The Sun at the end of Bee Movie is brilliant, by the way. Ten thumbs up. Did you know George wrote that song on Eric Clapton's guitar? Now that's a nice piece of Sunday music trivia for ya!

No comments: