Sunday, April 27, 2008

Watching Over You

Download Seabound's Watching Over You with guest performance by Iris vocalist Reagan Jones for free on http://www.seabound.de/. Good synthpop track, and I like Jones' voice. Never seen Seabound live, but saw Iris 5 (?) years ago at Arvika.

Have today become a member of Ravelry, a knitting web community. Within few heartbeats I had stacked up a long list of items I'd like to work on, and suddenly my resolve to knit nothing but socks and scarves vanished with the wind. Gloves, cardigans, sweaters, there are unlimited possibilities! *mad world dictator laughter*

This week has been insane, I am impressed I'm still standing. Loads and loads and loads of work, and a couple of shocking realisations with regards to the increased stress of month endings. Thursday Movie Night went to see Shine a Light, which I enjoyed tremendously. It is a concert movie, not a documentary, but even though Stones are not on top of my lists I got a good kick out of watching it. Next week is The Darjeeling Limited, and on Tuesday as Thursday is alcohol bonanza day in Finland.

Friday night I for the first time ventured out to Inferno, one of Helsinki's darker rock clubs. Dave had put an event up on JD, but in the end none of us succeeded in bringing in any of our rockin' friends to join us. Three or four different DJ's were spinning industrial and dark trance records, and it was fairly ok. Was not overly impressed by some of the choices, and they have a long way to go before they live up to my Oslo music scene standards with regards to alternative club concepts. The company was great, though, and I had a very good evening :)

Yesterday morning I hooked up with Deb and Quinn for Helsinki knitting. I am trying to convince them to start an English speaking knit group, as I have come to vastly enjoy knitting with company. I showed them my purple scarf that is now half done, and we cast on socks on magic loops. Knit one, purl one, knit one, purl one... I love it :) We were then joined by Miia, Alistair, David and Erin, with guest appearances by Paul, Ellen and in the end Willem joined us for beer debauchary in Teerenpeli.

Today there is no good football in sight, so I've signed up for the first game of Espoo team FC Honka in this year's Finnish league. You never know, I might be surprised and end up with yet another favorite team. Have to say I miss Lyn a bit now that the Norwegian league has kicked off...

Oh, and for some reason my phone is fucked up. Sorry if you've been having conversations with the lining of my purse lately!

No comments: