Monday, April 28, 2008

Video Killed The Radio Star

Over the last week I have on several occasions been lucky enough to enjoy Miia's extensive joy at the use of dirty words. Dirty words are not always extremely dirty, but things like "penis", "orgasm" and "swallow" can set off unexpected bouts of singing the word over and over again in... places like Pizza Hut.

So, yesterday I watched "my" local footie team FC Honka kick some ass just ten minutes from my apartment. The level of playing in the first half was terrible, but second half picked up and in the end it was all good. Highlights included laughing at local kids, not being mawled to a bloody pulp by the ball and Dave discovering that the Honka players not only had a big sponsor advert across their bums, but also a big, red advert blotched in their crotch. I can't help but wonder what a FC Honka player penis costs (penis, penis, penis, penis). The image above is not one of their current strips, but also here you will notice the big advert across his... reproductive area.

This evening I've been to a José Gonzâles concert in Kultuuritalo with Miia, Veera and Willem. I didn't really know what to expect up front, but this was really worth the effort. If you happen to know (probably not) the Norwegian Minor Majority (as usual, let me know if you want to borrow a record) it was very much like them. Warm-up act Death Vessel was also quite good, although we were puzzled to no end by the fact that he looked like a man but sang like a woman. Interesting! I then got a chance to sing a bit of Bon Jovi to Miia in the car while we waited for Willem to finish a radio interview. Good night! :)

2 comments:

Rasmus S said...

I had a ticket to that concert, but didn't have time to go (I rarely have time for anything these days it seems). Speaking of tickets, I still owe you money for Lust, Caution.

C said...

Oh, that's a shame, you missed a good concert! Hopefully you'll get to see him again at a later stage.

You do? In that case you should join us for another movie night ;)