Thursday, May 1, 2008

This Is The First Day

Tuesday movie night was good, The Darjeeling Limited is not about tea, but rather about three brothers who set out on a more or less voluntary train journey through India. Quite funny, and leaves you feeling good. Natalie Portman plays a role, always a plus. As usual, however, the company by far outclassed the movie.

Yesterday I ended up well pickled after Sanna's Vappu party and drinks in Memphis/Helsinki Club. The last six months or so I've been good at always heading home in an hour where getting a taxi is still rather easy. Not so last night, and the last evening of April is not exactly the best taxi day in the first place! Spent a good hour and a half in a taxi queue with hundreds of unbearably drunk students that were raving around, fighting, sleeping, falling over and in general not behaving like humans. Got home in the end, though :)

Today I'm going to Deb and David's for some knitting and barbequing, which will be nice. Will be one of few people working tomorrow, and then plan to do nothing at all this weekend. Could use the rest. Oh, and I am sorry about misleading people when it comes to the location of David Bowie's lollipop-in-the-eye-mishap. It was in Oslo, not in Trondheim.

I just listened to Discipline, the latest NIN single. Not a believer, however it put me back on The Fragile, which I haven't listened to for a while. That again led to watching the We're In This Together music video on youtube. At this point he was not any more as angry with God, women, sex, the world and life in general (read: on drugs) as he used to be, but still making it out of the depression era. I kinda miss the old, introvert, dysfunctional Trent, the political Survivalism Trent just doesn't do it for me. Will check out Ghosts I - IV, though. At some point.


No comments: