Monday, July 14, 2008

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly

Bruce was a charmer all right, in his tight jeans and leather wristbands. Bluntly ignoring some of his Tom Jones moves I must say I enjoyed myself a lot - the band was good and his vocal chords must be the strongest in the world - 3.5 hours with only the short break before the encore. Quite a few new songs and a long belt of very similar sounding tunes in the middle dragged the experience down a bit, but just the live performance of Born To Run in itself was worth the ticket money. Good company didn't hurt either, we hooked up with fellow JD Annu, and also got to meet one of Paul's friends. Beers after and an exceptionally short taxi queue at the end of the night secured the evening.

Saturday and Sunday was also spent with both or one of my favorite Brits as we on Saturday met up for the now more or less weekly Bar no 9 chicken and Black Door ale, and yesterday me and Deb had good intentions of going swimming in the sea although we ended up in their backyard with our knitting in the end (it was cloudy in the morning). Yesterday evening I almost asked the local store boy out on a date, but thankfully registered that I must have had a stroke or other form of temporary brain disturbance before I got the words out. No mom, I do not have a thing for the local store boy. Trust me. He's 20 tops. Ok, maybe a small facial crush. :D

Apart from trying my hardest not to be a creepy grown-up picking up youngsters in the local K-Market, this week I will do little except work. Saturday I'm shepherding a crowd of jollies onto a boat going to Porvoo.

My current playlist:
Leaves - Breathe
Longview - Further
Mojave 3 - Breaking The Ice
Pete Yorn - Lose You
Thirteen Senses - Into The Fire
The Little Ones - Let Them Ring The Bells
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - All You Do Is Talk
Babyshambles - There She Goes
Get Cape Wear Cape Fly - Get Cape Wear Cape Fly
The Cardigans - Communication
Damien Rice - Accidental Babies
David Gray - This Year's Love
Embrace - Gravity
Gary Jules - Mad World
Gus - Don't Fear The Reaper
Kari Rueslåtten - Other People's Stories
Mew - Snow Brigade
Ryan Adams - So Alive
Stephen Fretwell - Bad Bad You, Bad Bad Me
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Something's Always Wrong
Death Cab For Cutie - Tiny Vessels

Now this, friends and loved ones, is a brilliant playlist if I may say so myself.

No comments: