Monday, July 7, 2008

I See That You've Come To Resist Me

Yet another summer of Arvika has gone down in history, and I dare say in some respects this one kicked the hell out of previous ones. The last three days of music in the middle of the Swedish woods were spent laughing so much my stomach muscles are sore... as is my neck, my legs and more or less every muscle in my body. Houston, we're not 18 anymore.
(The picture of Karine, Henrik, Cec and PC has been shamelessly stolen without permission from Else.)

Anyway, I did not log on to write this in the middle of the night because I am not tired, on the contrary I've been travelling for 12 hours today and feel like crap. I did, however, just get into bed in the by far most outrageously delicious hotel room I've ever been in. Travelling with work I've been to some pretty nice hotels, and some of the Asian ones I've slept in are right up there as well, but this... my, oh my, I never want to leave. Hotel de la Paix on quai du Mont Blanc, Geneva. I tell you, you'll thank me. If the bath I intend to start my day with tomorrow lives up to my expectations I will be a very, very happy girl.

Some quick notes in case I do not write more about Arvika in the days to come:
I've never seen Kent as good as they were on Friday, it was utterly fantastic. Interpol also rocked massively, and while Hellström let me down this time around, Robyn was totally amazing. Death Cab were of course beautiful, and outrageously cute balcony neighbours Ståle & Makrellbekken from the last couple of years provided good beer tent entertainment. Somewhere out there there's a Norwegian pen salesman who thinks my name is Turid and that I work as a park care taker, I might be responsible for an Indian guy turning pirate taxi driver, and I have to check out Efterklang when I get home because they were amazing. Belgian waffles with chocolate sauce are still great, but Arvika is _not_ scaled for a festival that suddenly super increases their visitor numbers from one year to the next. They ran out of freaking _everything_ :) Didn't affect us much, thankfully. The ones not there were missed.

If God lent his voice to me to speak,
I'd say "Go to bed, world.".
The Cardigans - 03.45: No Sleep

No comments: