Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Am A Visitor Here, I Am Not Permanent

Other than some random drama unfolding on my mobile after I had gone to sleep, yesterday was a good day. Met up with Deb in the morning, and she led me astray on a yarn shopping spree (again) and a bit of Helsinki sightseeing. We ended up (surprisingly enough) in Bar no 9 for chicken lemon pasta and then ventured on to The Black Door where eventually Quinn w/friend and David caught up with us. Turns out they have possibilities to show football games, and are willing to take requests. The possibilities! Had a very good thai dinner on Boulevardi before heading home to bed.

Today I again spent with Deb and Quinn, going to a recycling exhibition in the cable factory before endulging in rather lush amounts of cheese, chatting and sun. Have now cast on a pair of long gloves with a dark green yarn I bought yesterday, and hope they will turn out as good as I plan :p

Next week brings Copenhagen for two days, Iron Man at the movies and a road trip to Hanko on Saturday. Am currently listening to Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-II, and have to admit it's not half bad. All instrumental, but most of it is very NIN. Good buy, that. Also bought Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot on Saturday, a record I fell in love with four years ago but never ended up owning and hence haven't listened to since.

I am a bit sunburnt and will now retreat to my chambers with my gloves to be and a huge cup of chocolate milk. Life is pretty darn good right about now.

No comments: