Sunday, May 11, 2008

Quiet Time Is Underrated

All this thinking about 80's music put me on to Bryan Ferry's Slave to Love, part of the soundtrack for the movie 9 1/2 weeks featuring Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger. I saw this movie for the first time about half a year ago, and fell in love. The movie has one of my favorite quotes.

Driving back from Hanko we listened to Belgian folk-rock band K's Choice's Almost Happy (2000), a record I haven't listened to for ages. I've loaded it over on my mp3 player this morning and will take it with me on a long walk in the lovely weather. The Finnish summer seems to have kicked in early this year. Just hope that doesn't mean it'll be short and cold when the actual summer months arrive.

Next week I will go to the movies, have my face pampered with Deb (only two weeks to go before Team Ginger tie the knot!), have my hair cut with Miia by the ever so lovely Kaisu, and hopefully have a lot of hours in the sun again. Am trying to have a less planned summer with more time to be whimsical, so give me a shout should you crave company! And oh, can't wait for the first summer storm to kick in, I still hold up the statement that no electricity a summer storm in Oslo could muster lives up to the gusto of the Finnish skybreaks.

2 comments:

il bocia said...

My favourite quotes....
Which are?

Or do I have to watch the movie to find it out? :)

C said...

It's on my Facebook page alongside other good quotes ;p

"How did you know? How did you know I'd respond to you the way I have?"
"I saw myself in you."

It doesn't really make sense if you haven't seen the movie, though. So see it! :)