Friday, May 9, 2008

Things Will Be Great When You're Downtown

Miia has in the last week become the Nissan unofficial songbird. Very annoying when you hear the two words she knows of Bohemian Rhapsody ("Mamaaaa ooooooh!") all day, very nice when she shifts gear and reminds you of songs like Downtown by Petula Clark (even though it has merged with tv-series Lost for me). Listen to it and forget all your troubles, forget all your cares :)


Take care to avoid the semi perverted 2006 cover by Emma Burton!

So, I've fallen off the map again. This week our GA department were kind enough to replace my defunct mobile with a long awaited (by my manager) smart phone. This new technological wonder of the .com world is creating no small amount of confusion in my existence, actually to a point where it takes me so long to communicate with people on sms I can not, for the moment, be bothered. So for the first time in years I have to tell you it's easier if you call than text!

Yesterday Movie Night veered off to see Iron Man in Tennispalatsi. I didn't have very high hopes for it, as the Marvel comics turned movie usually don't do much for me, but man was this entertaining! First of all, the choice of Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark is an excellent choice, as his personality and the character merges into a wonderful, witty and very convincing one. The movie is funny and has good gadgets and effects for all. Thumbs up, definitely worth seeing. As usual, the company was also good :) Next week I'm putting up No Country for Old Men, and after that movie night takes on an alternative format for the summer, as normal cinema programs in Finland are rather handicapped.

Tomorrow I'm going on a road trip to Finnish port town Hanko (Hangö) where me and eleven others will eat ice cream, barbeque and just simply waste some time. Hanko is incidentally the place where we have our Finnish compound, but I will try to not talk too much about cars, or else I might end up with the other people crowding into two cars and me driving alone!

2 comments:

Seppó said...

Well if you really want we can go and have a look at your compound and maybe take a tour in the harbour to see if there is one of your ships unloading. ;)

C said...

Haha, believe me when I say it is best for all parties involved if we stay clear of the harbour area unless you want to hear me raving on about color codes, alloy wheels and the headaches caused by international shipping schedules! :)