Friday, May 2, 2008

Don't They Know It's The End Of The World?

May 1st barbeque in Vantaa was tosi good, and as I did the clever thing and drove I was not in a bad state this morning. Was, however extremely depressed at the thought of yet another Monday. Needless to say my Monday brightened up no end when I in the shower suddenly realised it was Friday!

Today has been an ode to Excel, I really need to sort our reporting mess out. People don't seem to realise how much easier our days would be if we could just f*ing put everything in the same place and update it all at once instead of having a trillion different files in different locations. Going mad! Also, my phone has now reached a state where I need to keep it switched off 90% of the time to avoid calling every single person I know, so if you get my voice mail a lot it's not because I finally took the step and moved into a telephone free existence by choice, just neccessity.

Visited the Tapiola yarn shop this afternoon, and ended up with more stash. I think I am more prone to addictions than anyone else I know. Work, music, books, beer, men, smoking (hah! proof I can break them as well), cross stitching, puzzles, knitting... Nice to have a hobby again, though. Am currently knitting wrist warmers for arms wider than my own, so I need a willing receiver.

Have done a lot of thinking today, while puzzling together numbers in various formats. Sometimes I am not quite sure I'm going with myself, I have to admit. Most of the time I have a good sense of direction, but then it's like someone turns the GPS off and I can barely tell what planet I'm on. Am in one of these grey zones now, and it kind of makes me want to lock myself in and do some heavy drinking. Not a good sign, happy it's spring and oh! A bird is building a nest in the tree right outside my kitchen window :) Can't wait for her to have chicks, I'll be monitoring their process and am sure to go into heavy deppression should they not make it through summer. (For those of you that have not heard about the living room bird episode, ask me some time I'm not in a place where I'm likely to start crying.)

The music industry was way cooler back when artists that looked like Skeeter Davis, George Jones and Gilbert O'Sullivan made it big with emergency rhymes.

No comments: