Sunday, March 16, 2008

In Trouble Is Where I'm Going To Be

My head is suffering violently today, have to try to stay clear of the crap draft beer they serve in Helsinki. Football was not specifically good again, 1-1 against Middlesbrough, a game that should have ended in Arsenal's favor. We are now second in the league and Chelsea is closing in fast. Next weekend's game should be very interesting indeed. But before that, an action packed week designed to deprive yours truly further of sleep and brain cells.

I am in need of a gas stove and a wok. Am having waking dreams of gan bian'ed beef and green beans. See, if I ever marry it will be for either food, music or books. Personality or good sense of humor? Nah, overrated :p Oh, and now I just found out they gan bian potato slices as well. I'm dying here!

Hallam Foe is the movie next week, should be good. I also found out they are in fact putting up Funny Games, so that's on for one of the April movie nights. Saw Hot Fuzz in the comfort of my own living room on Friday, and liked it well enough. Don't agree with many of my friends who have it listed as the funniest movie ever, though. I'm not the biggest fan of Scandinavian film, but I prefer the Swedish cop spoof Kopps.

I was looking through old pictures this morning, and got an intense urge to go back to Laos. I know I'm on an Asia break, but ooh, it was so nice. I'd pack my backpack full of books, load my mp3 player with The National and The Magic Numbers, and just stay there without mobile coverage for a month. Still have to figure out where to vacation this summer, and am not getting anywhere with these Luang Nam Tha flashbacks... (I later discovered it will only cost me a little more than 1000 Euros for a return trip to Luang Prabang. Uuhhh, that's a good price... I think this is going south!)

No comments: